- Listen, engage, and participate. Measure social media initiatives and tie these measurements back to business value, but keep in mind: it's not a one-way street.
- Develop a mobile strategy, but realize that mobile is not a channel - it's a platform.
- No mater the medium or technology, marketers still need to deliver relevant and engaging content to customers.
- Heard the terms marketing and ROI used together lately? Take it to heart. With tight budgets, allocating spending and measuring its ROI will continue to be a running battle in marketing departments.
- It's too tough out there to commit budgets without a clear return in sight. Being able to demonstrate value of marketing initiatives back to the overall business objectives is paramount (i.e. what the CEO cares about).
By Jennifer Pricci