I struggled with the title of this blog post. I wanted something kitchy, something to subconsciously imply this is indeterminable... because anybody who tries to sell you a viral marketing campaign should set up shop with an SEO expert who tries to sell you the #1 SER. It is just not possible to guarantee.
Doesn't mean you can't try...
By far I find narrowcasting activities have proven the most effective for me in terms of generating a viral campaign... Below are 4 such narrowcasting activities I've implemented in my current position over the past year.
Writing 'Special Reports'
- Special Reports work great because they allow you to go into more depth about the Topic or Problem in question where you'll then be able to lead them to how your Product or Service (or Affiliate product) can fix there current problem.
- They give you Instant Credibility, which builds trust in your customer that you are knowlegdable in your industry.
- Website owners are always looking for quality "Free Stuff" to give away or offer to there Visitors and/or Subscribers.
- And your Contact Information will always be inside, no matter what. Meaning, as your report is being passed around the Internet you'll always be able to lead your potential customer back to your website where they could sign-up for your newsletter and/or read up more about your Products or Services you offer.
Putting Together A 'Free eBook'
- Free eBooks work great as well and have the same benefits as I outlined through the special report. The only difference using this approach is, you can put together a free ebook in less time then it would take to produce your special report simply because it doesn't even have to be your own material inside, it can be someone else's.
- And they also allow you to target more then one Product or Service inside because free ebooks are usually a compilation of related articles targetting a particular problem leaving you room to diversify.
- Writing Articles is probably ONE of the Best and Most Effective Ways to produce a wave of Viral Traffic to your website because every website owner needs FRESH content to feed to there visitors and/or subscribers.
- They also allow you to Target your audience's problem specifically that they're dealing with.
- And at the end of the article you have a spot called the 'Resource Box' to insert your personal Bio and/or Website information. Just imagine if your article were to be picked up by some Newsletter Editor with a large list or High Traffic website and they use it as a 'Featured Article' in there publication, you could see an INSTANT surge of targeted traffic to your website overnight. That's where your 'Resource Box' comes in.
Package a 'Kit' on a Landing Page
- Just using the word 'Kit' sends a message that your prospect is getting something of value.
- If you package your content of value into a downloadable package that you can store on a Landing Page, you've just exchanged a potentially viral offerings in exchange for lead data.
Perhaps you've noticed what these 3 'viral' methods all have in common...
They're in HIGH demand by website owners.
They're HIGHLY Targeted.
They give You INSTANT Credibility in your industry.
They are all INBOUND MARKETING tactics.
They have YOUR Contact Details leading to Your website.
...they're all FREE!